A new chapter begins. Charles & Boni-Vendola, LLC is pleased and proud to announce that Corrine Boni-Vendola has been appointed by the State of Connecticut as a Superior Court Judge. While we will miss her in the daily trenches, we could not be happier for or prouder of Corrine. She will be sworn in today, March 26, 2024, and we look forward to seeing her on the bench continuing her work in the legal system.

With Corrine’s departure, we will be continuing as a new partnership, Charles & Concilio, PC. Nicole Concilio, who has been an attorney for 20 years and has worked with Corrine and Marianne for 17 of those years, going forward will be a named partner. She is well deserving, and we look forward to her ongoing loyalty and diligence to the practice of Family Law.

Marianne, Nicole, and the excellent staff at Charles & Concilio, PC, will continue to expertly serve Fairfield and New Haven counties in all matters related to family and matrimonial law.


Wanting To Delay The Divorce?

Wanting To Delay The Divorce?

The decision to end a marriage can be really tough, and for some, the concept of divorce may not be the right choice due to certain religious beliefs or personal reasons. Some couples may also wish to separate but prefer to delay the divorce proceedings until the timing feels appropriate, which can be especially helpful for families with high school-aged children who are about to leave home.

In Connecticut, there are several options available for such situations, and our team at Charles & Concilio, P.C. is here to help you understand whether these choices are right for you and your family. Our state allows for civil annulment, which declares that the marriage was never official and legal in the first place; legal separation is another possibility that gives you and your partner to think things over a bit further before making a decision, and this can be a real help for certain couples. To find out more about your options beyond divorce, give us a call today and schedule a time to talk about your needs.

Could A Civil Annulment Be A Possibility?

When people think about ways to end a marriage without needing a divorce, the first thing that usually comes to mind is the idea of an annulment. But what does this mean, and is this an option for you? It is important to gather your information from a trusted legal source, so talk to your attorney about your marriage and see how this concept might fit.

A civil annulment declares that the marriage was never legal to begin with, and this can be the case for a number of reasons. For instance, if one or both of the parties happened to be married to someone else at the time of the marriage, it cannot be legal due to bigamy laws. Remember that civil annulment is a legal term that differs from an annulment from a religious organization.

Legal Separation Can Give You Two Some Space

Another common option for those looking to end a marriage without a divorce is a legal separation. Like in most other states, Connecticut gives married couples the ability to legally separate without ending the marriage. This can be helpful in a variety of situations, like when parents have high school-aged children who are about to leave the home for college. It can also be a first step toward a divorce, so there are multiple advantages of legal separation.

Delay The Divorce? Talk To Charles & Concilio, P.C.

If you and your former partner are looking to end things without a divorce, talk to our team about your options. To find out more about how we can help you to delay the divorce through legal separation or nullify it through annulment, call us at Charles & Concilio, P.C. located in Greenwich, CT at (203)234-1000.


The dissolution of a marriage is emotionally difficult, and our team meets you where you are with compassion and understanding.


We represent you and your children’s best interests through custody matters by gaining a thorough understanding of your situation.

Other Services

Our attorneys can provide representation for your children’s best interests and safety when parties cannot reach agreement.