A new chapter begins. Charles & Boni-Vendola, LLC is pleased and proud to announce that Corrine Boni-Vendola has been appointed by the State of Connecticut as a Superior Court Judge. While we will miss her in the daily trenches, we could not be happier for or prouder of Corrine. She will be sworn in today, March 26, 2024, and we look forward to seeing her on the bench continuing her work in the legal system.

With Corrine’s departure, we will be continuing as a new partnership, Charles & Concilio, PC. Nicole Concilio, who has been an attorney for 20 years and has worked with Corrine and Marianne for 17 of those years, going forward will be a named partner. She is well deserving, and we look forward to her ongoing loyalty and diligence to the practice of Family Law.

Marianne, Nicole, and the excellent staff at Charles & Concilio, PC, will continue to expertly serve Fairfield and New Haven counties in all matters related to family and matrimonial law.


Establish Parental Rights In Connecticut

Establish Parental Rights In Connecticut

parental rights greenwich ct

When you are a parent, it is normal to want to do everything that you can to stay in your child’s life. After all, this new life is a part of you, and it is your responsibility to ensure that the have what they need to reach adulthood in a happy and healthy way. This means giving them a place to stay, the right nutrition, and much more, and if you are a father, it can sometimes mean establishing your parental rights in the eyes of the court. When you need to include the state in your discussions of fatherhood, reach out to a trusted team of family attorneys to learn about your options.

Is it time to talk about custody or parental rights? At Charles & Concilio, P.C. in North Haven and Greenwich, CT, we are here for you at every step along the way. Navigating custody can be a difficult or confusing experience for some, and we want to make sure that you have the tools that you need in order to reach a solution that works for your needs alongside those of your little one. If you are ready to discuss your options in legal custody and parental rights, give us a call today!

You May Need To Establish Parental Rights

When a married woman has a child in the state of Connecticut, the court generally assumes that her husband is the father of a child. For many people, this is the end of the conversation, but for others, additional steps might be necessary. Some parents are unmarried, and in other instances, the biological father may be different than the mother’s spouse.

Here in our state of Connecticut, parents can sign what is called an “Acknowledgement of Parentage” form. This is a legal document that has been signed by both the birth parent and the other parent, and it demonstrates the parentage of a child. This can be a big step in establishing your rights as a father, but the court may also require additional DNA testing to identify the child as your own.

Working Together With The Other Parent

If you and the other parent can come together for the sake of your shared child, a parenting plan can be a significant help. This outlines the rights and responsibilities of each parent, and it can include such important topics as religious upbringing and medical decisions. Ask your attorney about the process of Connecticut custody negotiations to find out more about the advantages of a parenting plan.

Find Out More With Charles & Concilio, P.C.

Do you need to establish parental rights or work toward developing a positive parenting plan? Talk to our team at Charles & Concilio, LLC in Greenwich, CT at (203)234-1000.


The dissolution of a marriage is emotionally difficult, and our team meets you where you are with compassion and understanding.


We represent you and your children’s best interests through custody matters by gaining a thorough understanding of your situation.

Other Services

Our attorneys can provide representation for your children’s best interests and safety when parties cannot reach agreement.