A new chapter begins. Charles & Boni-Vendola, LLC is pleased and proud to announce that Corrine Boni-Vendola has been appointed by the State of Connecticut as a Superior Court Judge. While we will miss her in the daily trenches, we could not be happier for or prouder of Corrine. She will be sworn in today, March 26, 2024, and we look forward to seeing her on the bench continuing her work in the legal system.

With Corrine’s departure, we will be continuing as a new partnership, Charles & Concilio, PC. Nicole Concilio, who has been an attorney for 20 years and has worked with Corrine and Marianne for 17 of those years, going forward will be a named partner. She is well deserving, and we look forward to her ongoing loyalty and diligence to the practice of Family Law.

Marianne, Nicole, and the excellent staff at Charles & Concilio, PC, will continue to expertly serve Fairfield and New Haven counties in all matters related to family and matrimonial law.


Understanding Child Support In Connecticut

Understanding Child Support In Connecticut

child support north haven ct

If you and the other parent have decided to end your relationship, the most important step is making sure that the child is cared for. Here in Connecticut, both parents are responsible for the financial side of raising the child, which may require one of you to pay child support. If this is your first time through the process, it might feel a bit confusing, and talking with a knowledgeable legal professional can help you to better understand how things work.

At the law offices of Charles & Concilio, LLC in Greenwich, CT, we are here to give you the guidance you need when it comes to child support and visitation. Understandably, this can be a hot topic for many families, and having an attorney by your side can be a helpful way of knowing all of your options. In our state, there are guidelines as to the amount you may have to pay (or you can receive), so give us a call to find out more!

Each Parent Has Financial Responsibilities

As the parent of a child in Connecticut, it is important to remember that both of you have the financial obligation to raise your child in a healthy manner. This means that you may need to pay child support in order to meet your responsibility. The court looks at the combined net weekly income of both parents, and if one parent earns more than the other, a child support payment can help to ensure that ech of you are appropriately caring for the child monetarily.

This centers around an estimate of how much the parents would spend on the child if the family stayed together; this helps to determine what an appropriate level of child support may be. Most forms of income are calculated into this number, but not all can count toward your child support payment. Talk to our team to learn more about the nuance of child support for your little one.

Connecticut Works To Ensure Visitation Rights For Both Parents

In our state, both parents have the right to seek both custody and visitation. These discussions center around what is best for the child, and that means that your judge will carefully look at the facts of the matter to determine a healthy schedule. Custody and visitation are gender-neutral in Connecticut, so both fathers and mothers have an equal footing. Both parents are obligated to provide a healthy upbringing for their children financially, and they are also able to seek legal custody.

Learn More About Child Support and Visitation!

Connecticut has distinct rules related to raising a child when the parents are no longer together. To find out more about custody, give us a call at Charles & Concilio, LLC located in Greenwich, CT at (203)234-1000!


The dissolution of a marriage is emotionally difficult, and our team meets you where you are with compassion and understanding.


We represent you and your children’s best interests through custody matters by gaining a thorough understanding of your situation.

Other Services

Our attorneys can provide representation for your children’s best interests and safety when parties cannot reach agreement.