A new chapter begins. Charles & Boni-Vendola, LLC is pleased and proud to announce that Corrine Boni-Vendola has been appointed by the State of Connecticut as a Superior Court Judge. While we will miss her in the daily trenches, we could not be happier for or prouder of Corrine. She will be sworn in today, March 26, 2024, and we look forward to seeing her on the bench continuing her work in the legal system.

With Corrine’s departure, we will be continuing as a new partnership, Charles & Concilio, PC. Nicole Concilio, who has been an attorney for 20 years and has worked with Corrine and Marianne for 17 of those years, going forward will be a named partner. She is well deserving, and we look forward to her ongoing loyalty and diligence to the practice of Family Law.

Marianne, Nicole, and the excellent staff at Charles & Concilio, PC, will continue to expertly serve Fairfield and New Haven counties in all matters related to family and matrimonial law.


What Is Needed To File For Divorce?

What Is Needed To File For Divorce?

Understanding the roles and important actors in the family law process in the state of Connecticut can help you throughout your legal matter significantly. While it may be tempting to rest assured that your attorney has it all handled, in truth, there are a few things you must do on your end to ensure the best possible outcome as well. Of course, we do not mean to become educated in the law, because that is what we are here for. What we do mean, however, is that cooperation is key. In today’s blog, your Greenwich, CT attorneys take a look at a few specific requirements that must be met to file for divorce.

Meeting Residency Requirements

While the last thing we would want is for you to stay in an unhealthy marriage or have to compromise on your desires, the law requires that specific requirements are met prior to filing your legal matter.

Whether you are aware of it or not, not just anyone can file for divorce in Connecticut. As a matter of fact, there are a few prior requirements that must be met before you can even begin the process.

One such requirement is that of residency. Just as with voting or other experiences of the like, you must be a state resident for a specified amount of time before you are able to file for a legal separation. To do so, either spouse will have had residency for at least 12 months prior to filing for divorce or the date of the divorce decree. To learn more about this process and how our team can help, give us a call today.

Determining Grounds

There is a difference between problems within a relationship leading up to a divorce or legal separation and the legally accepted grounds for a divorce. In the state of Connecticut, you can file based on either “no fault” or “fault-based” grounds. The former indicates you are not blaming your spouse for the dissolution of the marriage, whereas the latter you are.

The reasons in a fault-based matter can vary, but some of the most common include adultery, intolerable cruelty, habitual intemperance, and willful desertion. Contact our team to learn more.

Filing and Serving Papers

In addition to the steps mentioned above, you will need to file for divorce and ensure your spouse is served the papers. This process is not as black-and-white as you might initially expect, and because of this, we highly recommend seeking out the services of an experienced attorney.

Call Us Today

Contact The Law Offices of Charles & Concilio, LLC in Greenwich, CT by calling 203-861-6800 to learn more about the specific requirements needed for filing for divorce in the state, and schedule your initial consultation with our team to learn about your options today.


The dissolution of a marriage is emotionally difficult, and our team meets you where you are with compassion and understanding.


We represent you and your children’s best interests through custody matters by gaining a thorough understanding of your situation.

Other Services

Our attorneys can provide representation for your children’s best interests and safety when parties cannot reach agreement.